Today promises me to be the biggest payoff day I've seen in those seven marking periods.
- 7:15-7:45 - Our second grade teacher led a workshop entitled "There's an App for That!" which was geared toward getting our primary grade teachers started on iPad usage. I stepped in to see a Kindergarten aide, a resource room teacher, a student teacher, 3rd and 4th grade teachers, and a principal all learning about cool apps.
- As soon as I'm done here -- I need to go get a HS social studies teacher hooked up to gmail to get ready for this afternoon.
- 9-10 -- My middle school students will be working on creating their own socially aware videos.
- 10-11 -- I'll be sitting in on a demo with our guidance counselor to learn about an app to guide high school students in college and career path choices.
- 12:45-1:45 -- I'm going to roll an iPad cart into 1st grade to team teach with our 1st grade teacher and introduce the students to iPad usage at our school. I was going to do the same thing with Kindergarten after that, but we had to postpone the session for another day.
- 3-4 -- We will have five teachers leading technology workshops around the school. Teachers will be engaged in either Edmodo, Google Docs, Show Me, podcasting, or just learning how to get started on technology integration.
These are exciting times, and I'm surprised I actually slept last night. Great things are happening here!
What tech dreams are coming true for you?