Someone shared this video (14+ minutes long, takes commitment to watch). I love LOVE the concept.
However it left me with LOTS of questions.
- How were these students selected for the program?
- What accountability is there with teachers and administration for there to be learning?
- Would this work in middle school?
- Why are they meeting in a garage?
- Who pushes the students deeper? What if their weekly questions are shallow?
- Are there no behavior issues?
- What do you tell the college admissions people when asked for grades?
- Does their state department of education not care about state standards?
- Who makes sure each student learns in each main body of knowledge rather than continuing to drink from the same well?
- Where is all the technology?
Don't take me for a hater. I think they are getting to something really good, but... maybe I'm having trouble breaking out of the 20th century mindset.
What do you think?