Friday, April 12, 2013

Educreations and KidBlog

A while back I wrote a post about how I love using Educreations and KidBlog together to assess student learning in math.  Recently, someone asked me how that works and to simplify it for first graders.

In my new technology role, I don't teach any regular classes, so my student blogging days are on hold for now.  That means I haven't done this in a while.  The good news is that it's like riding a bike.  I picked it up again pretty quickly and made a short video to show you how to do it.

The steps are numerous and a bit confusing.  All I can say is that it's worth trying.  Practice yourself till you feel comfortable.  Then, write the instructions on the board for them to follow.  If you're with little kids, trying printing the icons and placing them next to the instructions.  (This link will get you to the post you see in the video.)

I hope this helps.  If not, ask away.


NOTE: I apologize for the low-tech recording session.  I propped one iPad on books to record another iPad. I was also in a room with noisy fans and air ducts.  There has to be a better way...


No comments:

Post a Comment