Thursday, February 12, 2015

#GeniusHour at #OETC15

Yesterday, I had the joy (read that as "extreme terror") of presenting Genius Hour at a round table discussion at the Ohio Ed Tech Conference in Columbus, Ohio.  When I put in a proposal for this in the fall, I really didn't think I'd get it. Surely there are more knowledgeable and experienced Genius Hour teachers in Ohio than I am.  Well, surprise! I got it.  I was even more surprised to see that out of 50 us in the room, only about 5 of us had ever attempted Genius Hour.

It was a blast to share my thoughts, research, and experiences with these fine educators as well as chat with them after the session and connect with them via social media as the conference goes on.

In case you missed it or would like to refresh your memory, here you go...

My slide show can be found here.
I also referenced a Google Doc with detailed notes, which you can find here.

Finally, you probably shouldn't tell your students to...

Oh, and sorry my daughter's pediatrician called in the middle of the session. All is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment