Here are some thoughts I tweeted while Josh was talking... Oh, one of his thoughts after the fact.
Like any good teacher, I assigned homework. Here are some snippets the students took away from our chat with Josh.
- Mr.Dunlap put him under a spell to make him love technology.
- He says that you can do amazing things on the internet when you connect to it. He pointed out to do it while you are young. Also, he said to prepare yourself so that you could get a job that may not even exist.
- His job didn't exist when he was little.
- When he started getting into technology and the internet, things were just developing.
- In college he realized he could really use social media for great things. In his dorm room he and his friend made a YouTube video show which would get a couple hundred views a week. After this he figured if he loves social media why not use it for something good.
- One thing that surprised me was that he said it was more time consuming than most people think. I thought it would only take a few hours to create a complicated website.
Thanks, Josh, for stopping in to visit with us today. It was great!