Friday, November 4, 2011

How Can I Use Technology To Do This Better?

I teach 5th grade social studies.  Our school has a gifted program which pulls kids out of social studies class.  The cutoff for that program is an IQ of 120 rather than the normal cutoff of 130.  I have ten kids in my class, but all of the top, bright, leader students are in the other class.  Having a class discussion is like pulling teeth because no one wants to talk.  We reviewed for a test today, and what should have taken 10 minutes took 30 with bored looks and noises all over the place.

Today we went over the study guide.  It's a necessary evil.  They have to have correct answers so they study the correct information.  However, it's a boring procedure.

How do I use technology to spruce it up?  Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment