Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My New Classroom


Early this summer, I was at school for a few different things, and I happened to get a tour of my new classroom.  I wish I had taken a picture of it.  It literally was the junk room. All unused furniture and other assorted stuff wound up in this classroom.  When I went in it was a mess.  I was told that they had already started clearing it out.  There was a lot of junk.
Over the summer it got cleared out.  They put a fresh coat of paint on the walls, ripped up the old carpet, and waxed the hardwood floor.  On August 1, we went to meet with my principal briefly and started to plan the move in.  Here is the room we saw that day.
In the past two weeks, I’ve done what I could to squeeze classroom work in between my wife's job, the my summer job, family time, meetings, car shopping, sleep, and meals.  Yesterday, when my wife came home from work a little after 2:30, I loaded up the car and headed up to school.  I told her I was going to work till I was finished or I dropped.  I’m glad to say that I left at 8:45 and am just about done setting up the physical room.  There are still a few little things, but here is what it looked like when I left the evening of August 16.

Inservice starts bright and early Friday morning.  Orientation is Monday afternoon, and Tuesday is the first full day of school.  I have a lot of planning to do before I’m ready for the kids to come into the room, but I’m glad that the room looks ready for them, even if I’m not.

1 comment:

  1. Your room looks great, Craig! I love the big windows and the floor. Hope you have a fantastic year!

    ReplyDelete