Thursday, January 16, 2014

Interactive Whiteboards?

My next big project at school this year is to observe and investigate how we are using our interactive white boards. During the summer, we used grant money to update our science labs, and this included the purchase of two 70 inch Sharp Aquos Interactive Whiteboards.  Personally, I'm not a fan of IWBs, as I know many of you are not as well.  I think they served their purpose years ago, but we have better technology available to us today to put interaction in the students' fingers rather than in front of the room.

Be that as it may, it's now my job to evaluate how we are using it and to see if we're just treating them as glorified projectors or Apple TVs.


Oh, and I was just informed that the next two boards we purchase will go in my computer labs, so I have duel interest in this conversation.  


Over the next couple of weeks, I am going to push finding information about how to use these boards to their fullest Web 2.0 limits.  If you have any ideas, please post them in the comments or contact me via email (cncdky at gmaildotcom) or Twitter.  


I will periodically update this post with ideas that roll in, so others can learn too. 


Personally, I want something like what you'd see on Hawaii Five-0 or NCIS: Los Angeles. 

Thanks for your help!


Some ideas:

No comments:

Post a Comment